I remember when I began preparing for my very first flock of chickens. I had about a million questions, and no sooner than I found one answer – I also found another question. It would have been so nice to have an experienced chicken-keeper come over to my home, sort through (and answer) all the questions I had in my head, and get me started in the right direction. They say hindsight is 20/20, and that is true. I could have saved a great deal of time and money setting up for my flocks had I known a few things that only experience brings.
So in light of that – I really wanted to provide an affordable service to others just starting out on the backyard chicken journey. The internet is a great research tool, but face-to-face contact is so much better.
If you live within 20 miles of 97216, it’s just a flat fee of $50 for an hour of one-on-one consulting. Drive time is on me – this is a full hour from the time I arrive at your doorstep. One additional hour is only $35.
- Selecting your breeds
- Setting up a brooder for your chicks
- Hatching under a broody hen
- Feed selection / differences on the market
- The coop!
- Equipment and supplies: things you’ll want to have on-hand
- Chickens in your garden: how to manage the relationship
- Integration: chicks, pullets/cockerels, and hens/roosters
- Flock health: preventative maintenance
- And any other questions you can come up with…
I’ll leave you with some great resources to help you along the way, and clients always have my email address for follow-up questions.
I look forward to meeting you!